Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chota Hai but Kuch Kuch Hota Hai =)

It's funny that whenever we women are asked how our dream guys would be, 99% of the times, it's "Oh, he'd be tall, blah-2, blah-3, blah-4, blah-etc".
Irrespective of whether the guy is a gorgeous, Italian fashion model or a breathtakingly suave investment banker, he's just got to be textbook-tall , even if the girl, herself is freakin' 3' 11! . This gets me to ask, what's with women and their obsession with tall men?

Well, I'm quite the culprit myself, when it comes to checklisting this vice off my List de McDreamy. My guys (boyfriends and serious crushes bordering on relationships) have been 6' 4, 6'1, 6'1, 6'2 in that order. Good reasons could be that, one, I'm 5'7 myself, around 5'11 in those deadly, 4-inch stilettos and two, I grew up around really tall, hulky, aggressive men -- my brother, cousins, dad, uncles, all carrying forward the leggy lineage!

In fact, back in my college days, and I feel like a total bitch for having done this, I was completely smitten by this adorably cute, witty, smart, popular, totally my-kinda guy who was also equally crazy about me. The connection and chemistry we had were incomparable.

But if everything was so perfect, why didn't I go out with him? Yea, coz he was 5 'fucking' 5! Lol! What's more? It didn't stop there; it happened again, with a really close friend of mine who was nothing 'short' of the perfect guy had he been an inch taller than he was. That would atleast get him to look me in the eye!

Anyhow, I went on from one six-footer to another, but didn't find that lasting sense of "This is it" in any of them. "Che foot ka lamba chauda aadmi aur akkal saali raddiwale ki bhi nahin" I would think. :P

And then the love of my life comes along. My knight in shining armor, to my rescue.

My Perfect Guy. My McDreamy.

Oh wait, hang on, that's till he gets off that darn horse!

God works in strange ways, and payback is inevitable, I thought. The day he met my dad and bro, I stocked up on a good dose of JWB's peace potion and sang away Timberlake's " la la la la what goes around comes back around la la la la" to glory! When life screws you over, it helps to treat it like an episode of Friends :)

Today though, I can happily say that he is everything I've ever wanted in a man and more. He makes me want to love him more with each passing day and the most "awesomest" moments of my day are when I do something weird or funny or foolish and he laughs like the cutest, most adorable, little boy! :) And it doesn't matter if he's 5'4 or 6'4, it's perfect because it's him and I'd have him no other way.

A lot of times, my friends and mom and sis; actually the whole world asks me if it bothers me that my guy is shorter. Strangely and surprisingly, even though it should, it really doesn't.

It never has.

What I have with him , as much as I don't want to jinx things by saying it, is far beyond these primalities. And it really doesn't matter what the world says coz I know that they would have done the same thing had they been asked to choose as well. I guess, I'm just plain lucky to actually have gotten to live the stuff that corny Hollywood movies are made of (Oh yea, it was love at first sight and it still is every time I see him . Grin! :D) There's not a man in the world I'm more proud of than him. And truly, he does make me look good, to the world and to myself.

Looking back on the other shorties I dismissed only coz they were short, turns out, it wasn't only coz they were short. It just wasn't written in the skies, I guess. And sometimes, you have to leave it at that.

To also think of it, we might be on the brink of a revolution where this pseudo, Victorian concept of men-should-be-taller-than-their-women stands to be shattered. One look at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes (I think they're the cutest couple everrrr) or the more desi Salman Khan and Kat Kaif among a host of others, and clearly, it's not hard to see how a taller woman actually renders the couple that mysteriously sexy edge, instantly putting them on the radar.
It could also well be a very stylish entry into the various Who's-who Clubs with the "Oh, look at that...she's with him for his money!", automatically adding a few extra zeros, or shall I say, a few extra inches to the guy's net worth!

The only thing that I have to kinda figure out now is a place to shop for high-heeled shoes for men ! I mean, we're soon approaching "D-Day" and his Armani suit would only look better on three more inches of leg, what say? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment