Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pre (bum) face

Okay so, let's face it. We are all afraid to accept a lot of things that we are. We never talk to anyone about them.
We figure that sometimes, our minds binge on things that are so wrong that we're moved to give ourselves the "Dude, are you okayyyy???!!!??? :S" sort of a look. We're ashamed to admit to ourselves that we thought of it, even just if, for a gentle, guiltless moment!

And these things are mean and hurtful, to the people they're about,...aren't they? May be even, immoral. Sometimes, so socially unacceptable that the moment they strike some subconscious corner of our minds, we rush in to dust them off.
Most of the times, they're just weird, stupid 'us' things that are so insignificant that we'd be wasteful losers to want them to make it to our lists.

And as much as we think we're the chosen ones, they happen, by monkey rule, to all of us. And as much as we think they're a cardinal waste of time, they do form a vital part of our repressed alter egos that we don't accept to exist as our own, simply coz we don't like them. Coz they're not who we idolize. Coz they're poles apart from what we hope to become, but yet somewhere down, we know we are.

So, well, I think it's imperative and more importantly, fun, to want to understand this whole under-the-rug part of us that we, for all our lives, have been so bashful towards.
Is it possible to look at it objectively and try and gather any sense that may or may not hold in this apparently despicable, eternally condemned, gray side that we all have subconsciously trained our minds to look past coz it doesn't comply with the high moral and social standards of the more dominant part of our personalities?

Is it possible then, to find out if we're brave enough to open this can of worms and risk the gray spilling over our apparently perfect black and white worlds? What makes it easier though is that anonymous blogging let's us get away with the fear of moral and social judgment. And the 'third-party inspection' that I'm putting myself through here, doesn't give me an opportunity to judge myself either (that's usually what annoys me (and I'm sure most of us) the most).

The Bare Bum Diaries, thus, represents all those things we are hiding from the world, and, frequently, from ourselves as well.

And why am I doing this? Well, I believe a writer is at his best when he writes about things that are most personal to him and things that he knows about. And we've played these "don't-tell-anyone-about-it" games so close to the chest, that there's nothing more personally known to us than them. And ofcourse, the constant 'shooing away' actually ends up magnifying them coz the more we ask ourselves to not think of them, the more importance they get from us.

Plus, I like to explore. And what's better than exploring the islands of our minds? Journeying to and through places that were always a part of us, but we just didn't care to look or were too scared to look.

I thought of this one analogy that sounds like a 2nd grade moral science text book, but if I don't type it down, it's going to itch for a very long time! lol
It's like this gardener who keeps track of every single thing in his garden. He knows everything, right from the fruits to the flowers to the birds that fly in and out of his garden each day to every little weed that takes root on his turf.
I want to do that too. This is my garden and I must get to know its birds and bees and twigs and trees and everything that happens in it, moment to moment. I want to hunt and scout for these weeds too, take a look at them and take a call on what I wanna do with them. If I see potential, I might be good to them and make them grow into beautiful things or then simply discard them to make place for, well, other beautiful things =) Either way, I know it's going to help in the larger scheme of things. And I'm sure a lot of them are quite funny. So,I hope to have a good laugh if nothing else! In the end, they are all a part of me and that's reason enough.

The one thing I'm looking most forward to, though, is this : I want to taste the freedom that emerges from having encountered, observed and accepted the worst of our demons and the feeling that I would never, hence, have a reason to be afraid of them.

So, I guess it's time to drop the pants off some of the most blatant facts of matter that I've found conveniently swept under this feel-good rug of pretense, locked away with fake, 'happy-to-help' smile ":)" ( like the ones Mallya's truly Asian and 'highly viable' flight attendants painfully post for like 30 hours a day!!!)

To that, here's The Bare Bum Diaries where we don't cover for anything or anyone's bum, specifically mine...

Enjoy Reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment